What is it about Rita Moreno that hasn’t already been said? In a nutshell, she’s AH-MAZING! I chose to write about her because she’s a Latina that not only portrays a positive image, but she’s relatable and easy to identify with. I look up to her and her accomplishments. Girls facing the everyday challenges, called life, can read about Rita and become inspired to conquer any fear; gaining the confidence to take the necessary steps in accomplishing their goals. To quote Gina Rodriguez, “When you followed your dreams, Rita, you gave me allowance to follow mine”.
Here are my top 5 things about Rita Morena you should know:
- She’s a member of the very elite EGOT club. She’s the only Latino to receive all major entertainment awards: an Emmy, a Grammy, an Oscar and a Tony.
- Did you ever wonder who yells “Hey You Guys!!!” in the beginning of PBS’s The Electric Company? That’s her!
- Between movies, theatre, and albums, she has been working in the entertainment industry since she was 11 years old.
- John F. Kennedy audaciously flirted with her with Jackie by his side!
- Before marrying her husband of almost 50years, she dated top celebrities such as Marlon Brando, Elvis Presley, Anthony Quinn, Denis Hopper and Kenneth Tynan.